"We will strive, as a partnership of school, family and parish, to provide our students with a quality Catholic education rooted in Gospel teachings, enabling all to grow to their potential."
Vision & Goals
- We seek to make Catholic faith integral to all aspects of our lives and learning.
- We provide meaningful and ongoing Catholic faith formation for all students and employees.
- We foster, through "Our Journey to Holiness"*, a spirit of kindness, compassion and service to the community.
- We create, in all our places of learning and labour, welcoming, inclusive and safe environments in which the dignity and worth of each individual is valued as being in the image and likeness of Christ.
- We embrace the "Ontario Catholic School Graduate Expectations"* as the desired outcomes for all our students as they pursue educational excellence.
- We challenge all our students to become critical thinkers, effective communicators and problem-solvers through the development of literacy and numeracy skills.
- We nurture well-rounded, faith-filled and contributing citizens by developing knowledge, understanding and skills in sciences, arts, humanities, languages and technologies.
- We enrich intellectual, physical, emotional and spiritual well-being through "Healthy Active Living Education".*
- We encourage effective communication among all partners in Catholic education to enhance students' achievement and spiritual growth.
- We support the professional development of all employees through training, mentoring and sharing best practices, enabling them to enrich the educational experiences of our students.
- Our Journey to Holiness. Windsor-Essex Catholic District School Board
- The Ontario Catholic School Graduate Expectations. Institute for Catholic Education
- Healthy Active Living Education. Ontario Ministry of Education
Board's System Priorities
The trustees of the Windsor-Essex Catholic District School Board unanimously approved the "Board's System Priorities" presented at the February 10th, 2009 Board meeting.
A pdf version of the Foundations of Faith Learning is available.